Share This Recipe
Makes about 1 Cup
Cinnamon adds a lovely new flavour dimension to a fresh fruit purée.
- 2 red or pink apples
- 80 g (3 oz/½ cup) blueberries
- small pinch of ground cinnamon
- Peel, core and roughly dice the apples. Steam the apple and blueberries until tender (about 10 minutes for the apple and 1 minute for the blueberries). Blend with the cinnamon until smooth.
- Set aside one serving and freeze the remainder in individual portions for later use. You may need to add some liquid (a little water or your baby’s milk) to get the consistency just right before serving to your baby.
- Blueberries have one of the highest antioxidant contents of any fruit. Be sure to wash them well, as pesticide residues may be present on the skins.
- Suitable for freezing