Share This Recipe
Makes about 25
These make a great alternative to a chocolate treat at Easter time. And when Easter’s over you can continue to use the same recipe, using different shaped cutters.
- 1¼ cups (175g) plain flour
- ¾ cup (60g) grated parmesan
- ½ cup (60g) grated cheddar
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 125g butter, cut into cubes
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- Sultanas, cut in half, for decorating (to make eyes)
- Cream cheese, for decorating (to make tails)
- Place the flour, cheeses and paprika in the bowl of a food
- processor and whiz for a few seconds just until mixed. Add
- the butter cubes and water and process, turning on and off frequently, until the mixture starts to ball around the blade.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and knead very lightly. Halve the mixture, form two disc shapes and enclose each portion in a square of plastic wrap. Place in the refrigerator to chill for 1 hour. (You can keep
- these dough discs in the fridge for up to a week before baking, or in the freezer for 2 months before thawing and baking).
- When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 180°C and line 2 baking trays with baking paper. Roll the dough to 5 to 6mm
- thickness. Cut out shapes with a bunny-shaped biscuit cutter and place on the prepared trays. Pop on the sultanas to make eyes. Bake for about 8 minutes, until lightly golden and crisp. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Once cool, place on small dollops of cream cheese to make tails.
- Place the flour, cheeses and paprika in mixing bowl and mix for 5 sec/speed 6.
- Add the butter cubes and water and knead for 1 min 30 sec/closed lid/Interval speed.
- Transfer dough to ThermoMat and knead lightly.
- Follow remaining instructions as per recipe, above.