Share This Recipe
Makes about 4 cups
This is a tasty, quick meal that you and your baby can share if you like. Puree it according to the consistency that suits your baby. For older babies and toddlers, no blending is needed.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped (or quartered for Thermomix version)
- 2 skinless chicken thigh fillets, trimmed and diced
- 150 g (1 cup) diced pumpkin
- 200ml chicken or vegetable stock
- 120g (2/3 cup) instant couscous
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley or coriander leaves
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan over low–medium heat.
- Add the onion, chicken and pumpkin, cover and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes or until the onion is soft. Pour in the stock and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 8 minutes or until the pumpkin is tender.
- Remove from the heat, stir in the couscous, cover and set aside for 6 minutes. Fluff with a fork and stir through the coriander or parsley.
- Place onion into mixing bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 7. Scrape down sides of bowl. Add oil and sauté 3 min/Varoma/speed 1. Add chicken and pumpkin and cook 3 min/100°C/Reverse/speed soft. Add stock and cook 10 min/90°C/Reverse/speed soft or until chicken and pumpkin are cooked. Add couscous and herbs (if using) and mix 5 – 10 sec/Reverse/speed 1 or until couscous is completely combined. Allow mixture to rest in mixing bowl with mixing bowl lid on and MC in place. The warmth will allow the couscous to finish cooking. This should take about 5 – 10 minutes. Transfer the mixture to a ThermoServer and fluff using a fork before serving.