This gorgeous and totally delicious tart has just the right bitter-sweet balance, with the added benefit that you can make it ahead and have it ready to serve when needed. Just hold off scattering over the blackberries until close to serving time.
100g raw buckwheat groats or sunflower seeds
40g (1/4 cup) macadamias (roasted or activated)
40g (1/4 cup) almonds (roasted or activated)
35g (1/2 cup) shredded coconut
140g fresh pitted (medjool) dates
1 tbsp brown sugar (or coconut sugar)
55g (1/4 cup) coconut oil, melted
200g dark chocolate (85% cocoa content), broken into pieces
270ml tin coconut cream
90g (1⁄4 cup) maple syrup or coconut nectar
Pinch sea salt flakes (optional)
200g fresh or frozen blackberries
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan). Grease a round, loose-bottomed tart tin (22cm × 2.5cm) and set aside.
2. Combine buckwheat/seeds, macadamias and almonds in a food processor or Thermomix. Using the pulse action, process until mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs. Add coconut, dates and sugar, and process until combined. Add coconut oil and process until mixture just sticks together, resembling a coarser breadcrumb.
3. Press mixture into the base and sides of prepared tin. Place on a baking tray. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until lightly golden and crisp. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely in tin.
4. Gently heat chocolate, coconut cream and syrup in a heavy-based saucepan (or in a microwave-proof bowl in the microwave), stirring occasionally, until chocolate has melted and mixture is smooth. Add salt if using. Pour mixture into cold tart case. Smooth surface. Refrigerate for 3-4 hours or until firm.
5. Scatter tart with berries to serve.