Share This Recipe
about 2 1/2 cups
It’s a good idea to include dark chicken meat (thigh and leg) in your baby’s diet. It contains about twice as much iron and zinc as the white meat.
- 15 g butter (or olive oil)
- 1 chicken breast fillet, diced
- 1 chicken thigh fillet, diced
- 1 small sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 1 small zucchini (courgette), peeled and diced
- 1 pear, peeled, cored and diced
- Melt the butter in a deep frying pan or saucepan, add the chicken and sauté for 3–4 minutes or until golden brown. Add the sweet potato and 185 ml (6 fl oz/¾ cup) water. Simmer, covered, for 10 minutes. Add the zucchini and pear and cook for a further 5–7 minutes or until the vegetables and pear are tender and the chicken is cooked through.
- Blend the ingredients, including the cooking liquid, until smooth, adding more liquid if needed.
- Set aside one serving and freeze the remainder in individual portions for later use. You may need to add a little water to get the consistency just right before serving to your baby.
Suitable for freezing