This is a great smoothie to make for yourself and share with any children in your household. If you have parsley growing in your garden, let them pick it for you. The more that children grow and gather greens, the more inclined they will be to try them.
If you have a baby in the house, combine some with her breakfast porridge to add some extra goodness and flavour to her day.
- 1 orange, peeled and chopped, seeds removed
- 200 g ripe honeydew melon ﬂesh, seeds removed (or you can use watermelon or rockmelon)
- 1 ripe pear, cored, chopped
- 2-3 tablespoons fresh parsley leaves
- 30 g baby spinach leaves
- ¼ – ½ avocado (optional)
- 5 ice cubes
- 1 cup water
- Place all ingredients into a high-powered blender (adding as much avocado as desired for your preferred taste and texture). Blend for 1 minute or until smooth and frothy. Add more water if you prefer a thinner consistency.
- If serving to a baby, set aside her serve and mix through as much baby cereal/porridge as needed to thicken to desired consistency.
If you want a smoother consistency, add more water or sieve some of the juice to remove a little of the fibre.