This is a wonderfully simple recipe to make with your child because it doesn’t matter if it gets a bit messy. I promise she’ll love them no matter what! You can use whichever herbs take your fancy – whatever you have on hand that your child likes will do the trick.
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry (24 x 24cm), just thawed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup finely grated cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup finely chopped parsley and/or chives
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Place one sheet of pastry on a chopping board. Brush with the egg and sprinkle evenly with the cheeses and herbs. Top with the remaining sheet of pastry and press down firmly. Cut into 2cm strips and twist (there should be 4-5 twists in each strip).
- Place the twists on the tray and press the ends down firmly so they don’t untwist. Bake for about 12 minutes or until golden. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.