Share This Recipe
- 110g (2/3 cup) wholemeal plain flour
- ½ tsp paprika
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- 720g chicken tenderloins, halved crossways
- 2 tbs light olive oil or rice bran oil
- 60g (1 bunch) fresh coriander or parsley leaves (or a mixture of both)
- 45g (¼ cup) pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1-2 tbs lemon juice
- 1-2 tbs water
- To make the pesto, process the coriander or parsley, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds and garlic in a food processor until a coarse paste forms. Add oil, lemon juice and water. Process until mixture is combined and almost smooth.
- Combine flour and paprika on a plate. Place egg in a shallow bowl. Coat chicken in flour, shaking off excess. Dip in egg.
- Heat half the oil in a frying pan over medium-low heat. Cook half of the chicken, turning, for 3-4 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Drain on paper towel. Repeat with remaining oil and chicken. Sprinkle over parsley.
This recipe comes from Louise’s ‘Naughty and Nice’ column with Colin Fassnidge in taste.com.au magazine