When you’re a sleep-deprived parent, it’s hard to find the time to eat well, but you really can’t afford not to. Soups like this one are your saviour – it can be made in under 15 minutes, plus you can share it with your baby when she starts solids.
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil
- 1 small brown onion, diced
- 1 large garlic clove, diced
- 170 g broccoli florets, finely chopped
- 1 cob sweetcorn
- 1 1/4 cups chicken stock (or vegetable stock for vegetarian/vegan)
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- 1 tablespoon almond butter (see tip)
- Micro herbs, to serve (optional)
- Place the oil, onion and garlic into a saucepan. Saute on medium heat, covered, for 3 minutes or until softened.
- Add the chopped broccoli, corn kernels and stock. Bring to the boil then simmer for 3 minutes. Add baby spinach and almond butter to the saucepan. Remove from heat.
- Blend (using a hand-held stick blender or transferring soup to a heatproof blender) until smooth and creamy.
- Set aside baby’s serve and mix with baby rice or baby porridge to thicken to desired consistency.
- Season adult’s serve with salt and pepper to taste. Serve topped with micro herbs (optional).
Use pure, unsweetened almond butter made from 100 per cent nuts.