soft tacos with fish
Share This Recipe
There’s so much to love about tacos for dinner – healthy, delicious and quick to prepare – plus every family member seems to love them. They’re also a great way to involve your children in preparing their own meal, and delicious golden fish fillets make a wonderfully tasty alternative to a meat sauce.
- 2 cobs corn, husks and silks removed
- 1 avocado, mashed
- ½-1 tablespoon lemon juice or lime juice
- 1 golden shallot, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 ⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or coconut oil
- 400g white fish fillets, cut into strips
- 4 flour tortillas, warmed through (ensure egg-free, if needed)
- 1 tablespoon light sour cream
- ½ small iceberg lettuce, finely shredded
- Fresh coriander leaves, to serve
- Thinly sliced jalapeno chilli, to serve (optional)
- Lime cheeks, to serve
- Char-grill or steam the corn until tender. Remove the kernels from the cob. Set aside.
- Combine the mashed avocado, shallot, coriander and lemon or lime juice in a bowl. Set aside.
- Combine the flour, ground coriander and cayenne pepper (optional) in a large shallow bowl. Turn the fish in the flour mixture to coat. Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook the fish for 2 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through. Drain on paper towel.
- Divide the warm tortillas among the serving plates. Top with the corn, fish, avocado mixture, sour cream, lettuce, coriander and chilli (optional).
- Serve with the lime cheeks.