These can be made into larger patties for a healthy chicken burger, or shaped into smaller bite sizes to serve as a snack or with a salad. You may like to add some fresh red chilli to the mixture.
They’re a great way to introduce any babies or toddlers in your household to new flavours like turmeric, coriander and ginger.
- 300 g skinless chicken breast, diced
- 300 g skinless chicken thigh fillet, diced
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh turmeric
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup coriander leaves (or parsley), plus extra to serve
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds, to coat
- Oil, for shallow frying
- shallots, finely shredded, to serve
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Place chicken, turmeric, ginger, egg and coriander leaves into a food processor or Thermomix. Process until well chopped and combined. (Thermomix: 20 sec/speed 5)
- Shape into 16 patties and coat in sesame seeds.
- Heat frying pan over low-medium heat. Add enough oil to shallow fry. Cook until golden and cooked through (you may like to cover with a lid to reduce cooking time). Drain on paper towel.
- Serve with shredded shallot and lemon wedges.