Because you’ll probably want to eat all of this delicious compote yourself, you might like to make a double quantity so your baby doesn’t miss out. Before blending, put aside your serving to have with your breakfast porridge or with a dollop of yoghurt or cream for dessert.
- 1 large peach
- 2 apricots
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) pure unsweetened apple juice or water
- 1 vanilla pod, split lengthways or ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 strawberries, halved
- Drop the peach into a saucepan of boiling water for 1 minute. Remove and briefly run under cool water. Using your fingers, peel off the skin, remove the stone and chop the flesh. Cut the apricots into quarters.
- Place the peach and apricot in a saucepan with the apple juice. Scrape the vanilla seeds into the pan, then add the vanilla pod. Bring to the boil, then cover and simmer over low heat for 5 minutes. Add the strawberries and simmer for a further 2 minutes or until the fruit is tender.
- Remove and discard the vanilla pod, then blend to the desired consistency. Set aside one serving and freeze the remainder in individual portions for later use.
- * Suitable for freezing