Perfect for a time-poor parent, this must be one of the easiest and fastest, yet also most delicious, soups ever. It can be made in about 10 minutes flat! Pour yourself a bowl for lunch or dinner then – if you have a baby in the house – freeze the rest in individual portions to keep on hand for later.
If you’ve got a Thermomix, this soup is even easier, because you can cook and blend everything all in the one bowl.
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil (or coconut oil), plus extra to drizzle
- 1 small brown onion, diced
- 1 large garlic clove, diced
- 250 g white (or green) zucchini, grated
- 1 cup vegetable stock (or chicken stock)
- 400 g tin cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- Grated parmesan, to serve (optional – omit for dairy-free/vegan)
- Thin toasts, to serve (optional – omit for gluten-free)
- Place the oil, onion and garlic into a saucepan. Saute on medium heat, covered, for 3 minutes or until softened. Add the grated zucchini and stock. Bring to the boil. Reduce to simmer and add cannellini beans to saucepan. Blend (using a hand-held stick blender or transferring soup to a heatproof blender) until smooth and creamy.
- Serve with pepper and salt to taste, topped with parmesan, olive oil and toasts (optional).