These are lovely topped with a poached egg for breakfast or served with a salad for lunch or dinner. They make a great finger food for any little ones in your house and are perfect as an on-the-go snack. You may wish to switch the parsley for coriander, or whichever herbs you have on hand.
- 2 large zucchini
- ½ medium sweet potato, peeled
- 1 golden shallot or ½ small red onion, finely diced
- ½ cup chopped flat-leaf (Italian) parsley leaves
- 75 g (½ cup) wholemeal self-raising flour
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- Olive oil (or macadamia oil or coconut oil), for shallow frying
- Mashed avocado, to serve (optional)
- Greek natural yoghurt, to serve (optional – omit for dairy-free)
- Grate zucchini and sweet potato into long shreds. Place into a bowl. Add shallot / onion, parsley, flour and eggs and mix to combine thoroughly.
- Heat oil a large frying pan on medium. In batches, cook heaped tablespoons of mixture for 2-3 minutes each side, until golden and cooked through (makes approx. 25-30). Transfer to a plate to serve.
- Serve with mashed avocado and yoghurt (if liked).