Although these pikelets feel like a breakfast treat, they also count towards one of your daily serve of vegetables. You might like to serve them with a poached egg or some avocado.
- 1 medium (400 g) sweet potato (kumara), peeled and chopped
- 2 cobs corn (see tip)
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup (75g) self-raising flour
- Olive oil or virgin coconut oil, for cooking
- Sour cream, to serve (omit for dairy-free)
- Chives, finely snipped, to serve
- Steam the sweet potato and corn until tender. Using a sharp knife, remove the kernels from the corn. Set aside to cool.
- Place the steamed sweet potato and half of the corn kernels into a food processor or Thermomix. Blend until the mixture is smooth and the corn is coarsely chopped. Add the eggs and flour and mix until combined.
- Heat a little oil in a large frying pan over low-medium heat. Spoon mixture into the pan. Cook pancakes for about 3 minutes on both sides or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Serve topped with a dollop of sour cream, chives and sprinkled with remaining corn kernels.
If you would prefer not to use the extra corn on top, just use one cob of corn and place all of the kernels into the pikelet mixture.